- For Business
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Banking Services and Secured Lending
- Commercial Contracts
- Commercial Dispute Resolution
- Commercial Property
- Construction Disputes
- Corporate Advice and Transactions
- Debt Recovery
- Employment Law
- Intellectual Property and IT
- Professional Negligence
- Professional Practices
- Property Litigation
- For Individuals
- For Public Sector
Specialist, experienced and high quality commercial property advice
Our Commercial Property team effectively handles the entire property life-cycle and acts for a broad range of clients including developers, investors, landlords, tenants and house builders in respect of properties situated throughout the UK. In addition, we also have an experienced secured lending team acting for various locally based banks and financial institutions on commercial lending transactions relating to development sites and investment property portfolios for customers and properties all over the UK.
Our specialist department is recommended by the Legal 500 as one of the leading commercial property teams based in Wales acting for “a broad range of clients” but with a focus on “real estate finance” and “development work”.
Chambers and Partners recognise that we are a “well-regarded practice” offering “personal attention” and being “very thorough” with “particular expertise in handling matters relating to commercial lending and development”.
We have the ability and expertise to understand all issues and commercial pressures affecting our clients, and can offer our clients a practical and bespoke commercial approach.
At the same time, we appreciate that on occasion our clients require advice on property issues and transactions of a more straightforward nature. Our team is of a sufficient size and experience to ensure that we offer a wide range of services at the right cost. We can offer fixed fees in most transactional matters.
Ensuring that our clients’ commercial interests are protected is our primary objective and across the UK our clients rely on us to orchestrate large and often complex commercial property transactions. By working collaboratively we are able to deliver an exceptional cost effective service.
We have a strong sense of pride in our ability to provide our clients with exemplary services. We make it our business to gain a deep understanding of your business.
Our Commercial Property Department is:-
- a strong local niche practice specialising in all aspects of commercial property work, in particular development work and commercial lending.
- comprises two partners who are leaders in their fields backed by a strong, and cohesive team, all with first class training and exceptional experience.
- includes a very experienced team of assistant solicitors so every client has access to a high level of expertise and knowledge.
- offers a much higher personal partner involvement in fee earning work than the majority of our peers.
- aims to provide a quick and direct service in the large part on a fixed fee basis.
- appeals to entrepreneurial clients who value more than simply legal advice but also strategic direction on their commercial decisions.
- is now on the National Procurement Service Legal Services Agreement enabling us to act for the Welsh Government, Welsh local authorities and other public sector organisations on commercial property matters.
- is on the respective panels for secured lending legal services of various commercial lending institutions including Principality Commercial, Hodge Bank, HSBC, Santander and Development Bank of Wales.
Areas of Expertise
- Commercial Development
- Residential Development
- Secured Lending
- Commercial Leases
- Property Management
- Sale and Purchase of Property
Examples of commercial contract work we have carried out
- Acting for various banks and financial institutions on development sites and investment property portfolios across the UK
- Acting for several South Wales residential developers on the acquisition, development and subsequent plot sales of various residential development sites
- Acting for a South African Bank in acquiring a new 15 year Lease of 71,000 square feet office space at One Central Square, Cardiff.
- Acting for Welsh Government on various CPO Schemes for major highways works
- Acting for the local authority on the regeneration of Porthcawl Harbourside
- Office and business park developments in Bridgend, Newport and Treforest
- Site assembly in Newcastle and Falmouth docks
- A development of a new fashionable budget priced hotel in Cheltenham
- Millennium Plaza leisure scheme adjoining the Millennium Stadium, Cardiff
- Acting for a well-known discount supermarket chain in site acquisitions for retail development
- Numerous brownfield schemes for local developers in relation to industrial, retail and office developments in various South Wales locations
Department: Commercial Property
If you would like a no obligation discussion, please feel free to contact us by phone on 02920 345511 or emailing us below.
Our approachable team of dedicated professionals have extensive legal and practical experience. So if you have a legal problem, we can help you out.
What our clients say
Experts in the field.
They are very responsive, experts in the field and very good to deal with. They are commercial minded as well and make the transaction very smooth.
S D – Business Client
Professional, friendly legal team.
Professional, friendly legal team. Good responsiveness and sound advice throughout the process
S B – Client
Really great people.
Excellent professional advice, really great people.
M J – Business Client
All round an excellent experience.
Excellent advice – flexible and responsive with timings and availability to reach a tight deadline – reassuring in tone and delivery. All round an excellent experience.
N J – Business Client
They never fail.
Our main reasons are the easy relationship with partners and the never-failing promptness of their response to our queries. Personal contact at all times. The considerable reliance we came to place on their general legal advice. The firm’s approach and method of working was at all times conscientious and professional
J J – Client
Never had a bad experience with them.
Always use Berry Smith for all Legal work, have done for over 15 years & will continue to do so. Never had a bad experience with them.
S P – Business Client
Very easy to understand.
I found the lawyer dealing with my case was able to assess the content of the dispute quickly and then gave easy to understand options together with risks associated with each option.
S P – Business Client
Much better than any other solicitors
Excellent service by a friendly and proactive team. From the start the guidelines clarity of the process and the team communicated well regarding updates. A much better than any other solicitors I have dealt with and a thoroughly professional team to deal with.
M J – Client
Whilst the contact was totally professional, I enjoyed the friendly, “down-to-earth” approach, we could talk on a human-to-human level without the technical speak that you sometimes meet with legal representatives. I also considered that there was a business like, practical attitude
S N – Business Client
Very easy to work with.
Impressed with speed of responses and overall experience. Although a relative straightforward matter, processes completed quickly and efficiently. Easy to work with.
C M – Client
Professional, great communication and very supportive
Really professional, great communication and very supportive. Email and telephone calls were always replied/returned promptly. Very knowledgeable and guidance was always readily available. I have already recommended Berry Smith to a number of friends.
S Z – Client
Friendly, polite and extremely prompt
Everyone I’ve dealt with during the process has been friendly, polite and extremely prompt, and managed to complete the conveyancing on a purchase and sale just before the end of the stamp duty holiday- couldn’t be happier!
E H – Client
Clear, concise, professional
The lady that dealt with my case, was clear, concise, professional and kept me informed at every stage. She was excellent.
A C – Client
Customer care and attention was very thorough
Customer care and attention was very thorough; there was a strong sense that the firm was determined to achieve the best outcome for its clients.
P M B – Client
All meetings were friendly and professional.
I felt communicated with and always in the loop. Any questions I had were answered promptly. All meetings were friendly and professional.
R P – Business Client
Very responsive, knowledgeable and facilitative
It was such a relief to have representation through what is otherwise a very isolating process of undergoing a MBO. Communication was great, very responsive, knowledgeable and facilitative.
C P – Business Client
Advice given was clear and concise
The advice given was clear and concise, the response to the initial contact was prompt and this has been reflected in all the work carried out. I am transferring some property between two SIPP’s and l was very pleased to find the new SIPP had appointed Berry Smith to act on my behalf.
E A – Client
High levels of experience
High levels of experience and technical ability were employed to deliver a comprehensive solution.
P F – Business Client
First class service
A first-class service. Good advice, prompt responses to all enquiries and very good value.
S W – Client
Thanks for all your support.
Thank you so much for all the help, understanding and support to reach this point, it’s been very much appreciated
A M – Business Client
Felt at ease during the process.
Very clear advice, felt at ease during process. I would be happy to use again when I require legal advice.
N R – Client
Professional & Responsive
Professional service, dealing with a single point of contact who is helpful and responsive. Also, having the weight of the Berry smith brand behind us, adds credibility to our business.
A M – AM – Business Client
We felt that you had an immediate understanding of our requirements. Your response was illustrated in a way whereby we were not clouded by “Legal” jargon. Your team are very approachable.
L C – Client
I couldn’t fault the care and attention.
I couldn’t fault the care and attention given by Berry Smith Lawyers. Their attention to detail and professionalism resulted in a successful outcome to my claim, despite a few setbacks along the way.” I hope I won’t need their help again but wouldn’t hesitate to contact them should the need arise.”
A B – Client
Service provided was excellent.
First solicitor I have ever had any confidence in! I loved how easy my claim was and the service provided was excellent!
T M – Client