- For Business
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Banking Services and Secured Lending
- Commercial Contracts
- Commercial Dispute Resolution
- Commercial Property
- Construction Disputes
- Corporate Advice and Transactions
- Debt Recovery
- Employment Law
- Intellectual Property and IT
- Professional Negligence
- Professional Practices
- Property Litigation
- For Individuals
- For Public Sector
Partners and Senior Management
Acting for Welsh Government and various Welsh local authorities and public institutions under the National Procurement Service agreement for Legal Services including Welsh Government CPO work and local authority disposal of surplus land
Martin is a highly experienced commercial property solicitor and heads up the secured lending team at Berry Smith acting for various locally based banks and funding institutions on their customers’ development and investment sites all over the United Kingdom.
Martin joined Berry Smith as a salaried partner in 2000 and became a full equity partner in 2008. Martin did his training and qualified at Norton Rose in the City of London where he spent 12 years before he joined regional firm Bevan Ashford for 4 years and then came to Berry Smith.
Martin is a graduate from the University of Leicester and the University of Strasbourg (France) obtaining a degree in Law with French and is consequently a fluent French speaker.
Martin has been a regular speaker over the years for the RICS (Wales).
Martin is a keen drummer in a local rock band and is chairman of Cadoxton Imps AFC, a local amateur football club in his home town of Barry.
- Secured Lending
- Commercial Leasing (industrial/office/retail)
- Residential Development
- Commercial Development
- Commercial property sale and purchase
- Acting for Development Bank of Wales in numerous commercial development funding matters including the mixed use Goodsheds development by DS Properties at Barry Waterfront comprising refurbishment of existing listed railway shed buildings, a new shipping container and railway carriages mixed use site and affordable housing.
- Acting for Development Bank of Wales in various residential development funding matters including Plas Foxen’s 49 plot residential development site in Welshpool, Powys and Edwards Homes’ 54 plot residential development site at Northern Quarter, Glyndwr University, Wrexham
- Acting for Principality Building Society for many years including Portabella’s 34 house/apartment and 9 retail unit mixed use development site at Laundry Quarter, Pontcanna, Cardiff
- Sole appointed solicitors acting for Tenovus Cancer Care in their portfolio of approximately 75 retail shops throughout Wales and the United Kingdom, involving negotiating Lease renewals and taking new leases from various Landlords including Tenovus’ new leases for their new Cardiff office headquarters and also for their new Cardiff storage depot
- Acting for Welsh Government and various Welsh local authorities and public institutions under the National Procurement Service Agreement for Legal Services including Welsh Government CPO work for highways acquisitions and local authority disposal of surplus land
- Acting for Carmarthenshire County Council under the NPS Agreement in the conditional sale of commercial development plots at Trostre Retail Pak, Llanelli to Aldi and to Lidl for the construction of retail grocery stores