- For Business
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Banking Services and Secured Lending
- Commercial Contracts
- Commercial Dispute Resolution
- Commercial Property
- Construction Disputes
- Corporate Advice and Transactions
- Debt Recovery
- Employment Law
- Intellectual Property and IT
- Professional Negligence
- Professional Practices
- Property Litigation
- For Individuals
- For Public Sector
Mathew is a Senior Associate Solicitor in the Commercial Property Department at Berry Smith LLP. He has extensive experience in advising on a wide range of commercial property transactions for private sector, public sector and third sector clients. Mathew provides ongoing advice to a number of private sector commercial property investors on managing their commercial property assets including the granting of new leases, lease renewals, lease assignments and agreements for leases. He is also experienced in acting for banks and borrowers in finance transactions including acting for borrowers in high-pressure bridging finance deals.
- Commercial sales and purchases
- Landlord and tenant lease transactions
- Commercial property finance
Notable recent transactions Mathew has been instructed on include:
- Glamorgan together with the letting of the site via four separate underleases.
- Advising a Welsh local authority on a flagship mixed commercial use development project with a construction contract value in excess of £35 million.
- Advising a Welsh local authority on a conditional lease agreement with a major food retailer with completion being conditional on a number of factors which were also advised upon including obtaining planning permission and SuDS approval, completion of a section 38/278 Highways Act 1980 agreement and a section 104 Water Industry Act 1991 agreement and the obtaining of a stopping up order under section 247 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
- Advising a charity on the acquisition of five industrial units which were subject to occupational leases.