- For Business
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Banking Services and Secured Lending
- Commercial Contracts
- Commercial Dispute Resolution
- Commercial Property
- Construction Disputes
- Corporate Advice and Transactions
- Debt Recovery
- Employment Law
- Intellectual Property and IT
- Professional Negligence
- Professional Practices
- Property Litigation
- For Individuals
- For Public Sector
Emma is an Associate in the firm’s top-ranked Dispute Resolution department. After graduating from the University of Glasgow with First Class Honours in Scots Law (LL.B), Emma moved to South Wales to continue her legal training and joined Berry Smith as a litigation paralegal while obtaining her Postgraduate Diploma. After subsequently achieving a distinction in her Legal Practice Course from Cardiff University while completing her training, Emma qualified as a solicitor within the department’s specialist property litigation team in 2020.
- Emma has five years of broad litigation experience and currently handles a diverse caseload of property-related disputes, with particular interest and expertise in: –
- Landlord and Tenant work (including disrepair claims, residential and commercial repossession proceedings, and business lease renewal disputes);
- Neighbour Disputes involving Nuisance, Trespass and Property Damage claims with varying degrees of value and complexity; and
- A developing specialism in Contentious Estates & Probate disputes, including Inheritance Act claims.
- Assisting her lead partner in successfully acting for the long-leaseholder of a valuable London apartment against his neighbour and landlord, in a complex tripartite claim for nuisance, harassment and numerous breaches of lease covenants, obtaining a favourable injunction and six-figure damages sum for our client at a final hearing in the High Court in London last Spring;
- Advising a large, local Welsh charity in an Inheritance Act (Provision for Family and Dependents) Act 1975 dispute, and regularly assisting individuals from our established private client base with contentious issues arising from their family Estates, including challenges brought against the validity of wills and disputes between Co-Executors.
- Acting for a local housing association in defending a number of disrepair claims with varying values, successfully resolving each on favourable terms for our client.