Employment & HR
Our Employment and HR team has supported a variety of organisation within the public sector including Welsh Government departments, Welsh Government Sponsored bodies, wholly-owned subsidiaries of Welsh Government, Local Authorities and Housing Associations.
We give expert and practical legal advice on every aspect of the Employment relationship, from day to day HR matters, disciplinary and dispute resolution, senior executive terminations, tribunal proceedings, through to large-scale exercises involving collective consultation and industrial disputes.
We see ourselves as an extension of our clients’ HR function and pride ourselves on identifying solutions within set regulatory and financial parameters with due regard to our clients’ values and strategic objectives. We are fully committed to providing accurate and pragmatic advice that is value for money.
Chambers & Partners have cited our Employment Team as ‘not only having solid legal expertise but also providing friendly, cooperative and practical advice’. The Legal 500 refers to us handling ‘advisory matters as well as reorganisations and contentious work in a calming and empathetic manner’
Employment and HR - Areas of Specialism
- Employment contracts, policies and procedures
- Grievances and workplace investigations
- Absence Management
- Equal opportunities
- Changes to terms and conditions
- Industrial disputes
- Tribunal Claims
- Advising a Welsh Government department throughout negotiations over Employee and TUPE provisions upon a retender exercise.
- Defending part time worker discrimination proceedings for a Welsh Government department.
- Supporting a Government Sponsored body during a recruitment challenge based on disability discrimination.
- Assisting a wholly-owned subsidiary of Welsh Government on all day to day employment matters.
- Guiding a Housing Association throughout a sensitive redundancy exercise.
- Advising upon the closure and relocation of a workplace affecting 270 staff
- Handling various senior executive terminations and negotiations.