Major IT and Commercial Contracts
Our Commercial team has supported a variety of organisation within the public sector including the Welsh Government, the National Procurement Service for Wales, Welsh Government Sponsored bodies, wholly-owned subsidiaries of Welsh Government, Local Authorities, Housing Associations, Universities and other higher education establishments.
We provide expert and pragmatic legal advice on all aspects of commercial and intellectual property matters. We are the sole provider of legal advice to NPS Wales on procurement under the public contract regulations.
We have considerable public sector experience and understand the economic pressures placed on our public sector clients by the government’s vision for public sector efficiency. We are also keenly aware of the political sensitivities involved. Thus we fully understand the need to demonstrate value for money. Accordingly, our charging rates to our public sector clients remain extremely competitive.
Our expertise in public sector law includes the following:
- Administrative and public law.
- Competition and regulatory.
- Development and regeneration.
- Freedom of information and data protection (including GDPR).
- Governance of public sector bodies.
- Public procurement
- Projects (including PFI).
- Property and facilities management.
- State Aid
- Technology and intellectual property.
- The use of ‘Teckal’ company structures to deliver public services