Our team of specialist dispute resolution lawyers provides advice and representation on a wide range of disputes for organisations operating in the public sector.
We have acted for a number of local authorities, housing associations publicly funded organisations, charities and the Welsh Government.
We give clear, practical advice, combining expert technical analysis with a sound understanding of our clients’ problems and their objectives. We appreciate the requirement to provide best value legal services.
We seek to resolve disputes quickly and efficiently.
Where possible we try to settle disputes without recourse to legal proceedings. However, when this is unavoidable, we have a very experienced and committed team to pursue our clients’ interests in litigation.
We have been referred to as ‘efficient and high quality’ and ‘always looking at the bigger picture’ and ‘doing their best to keep costs low’ by Chambers & Partners, and as ‘truly excellent always lays out the costs first, and very pragmatic in its advice on a case in terms of costs versus benefit’ by the Legal 500.
The breadth of our practice can be seen from the subject areas in which we practice set out below.
Dispute Resolution - Areas of Specialism
- ADR and Mediation
- Construction & Development Disputes
- Contract Disputes
- Debt Recovery
- Intellectual Property Disputes
- Judicial Review and statutory challenges
- Planning disputes
- Property Disputes
- Public Procurement challenges
- Small Claims
- Advice on commercial contracts entered into by a number of public sector clients with a large plc
- Acting in Judicial Review proceedings in relation to a challenge to a local authority decision
- Compulsory Purchase Order disputes
- Trespass and enforcement of property rights
- Housing disrepair claims
- Construction disputes