Legal Advice for Employees
We are experts in Employment Law and our team is ranked highly by both Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners . We provide legal advice for employees as well as employers, which we believe to be a positive thing and enables us to better understand our opponent in any given employment dispute.
We pride ourselves on our ability to simplify the law and provide focused and strategic guidance where employment rights have been infringed. Our clients commend us for being able to handle their employment problems in a manner that is not only legally expert, but reassuring and empathetic.
We are able to draw from vast experience having acted in literally thousands of cases in the employment tribunal or higher appellate tribunals/courts. We are therefore very used to vigorously enforcing the rights of our employee clients in various types of employment litigation. We advise on prospects of success at an early stage, and make sure our clients are fully aware of their options.
We also recognise that in many instances our clients need a positive outcome which doesn’t involve formal legal proceedings. In those cases we are equally skilled in resolving disputes and achieving agreed resolutions or departures via confidential financial settlements, which often involve agreed references and announcements (where applicable).
We act in all types of employee matters, from minimum wage disputes through to senior executive terminations with surrounding (and often complex) share and benefits implications. Our expert lawyers pride themselves on their ability to provide fast, clear and effective legal advice for employees on a wide range of employment law issues such as:
- Wrongful dismissal – further details including costs, what is included, how long it will take and who at Berry Smith will be helping you can be found by clicking HERE
- Constructive and unfair dismissal - further details including costs, what is included, how long it will take and who at Berry Smith will be helping you can be found by clicking HERE
- Discrimination (all protected characteristics - disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity)
- Working time
- Pay disputes
- Bullying and harassment
- Confidentiality and restrictive covenants
- Transfer of Undertaking Regulations (TUPE)
- Settlement Agreements
Employment and HR Partner
Links to Guides and Further Information
- Employment contracts, policies and procedures
- Changes to an employee's terms & conditions
- Disciplinary procedures
- Grievances and workplace disputes
- Collective employee issues
- Managing sickness absence
- Employment Tribunals
- Transfer of Undertakings (TUPE)
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 029 2034 5511 for further information.