Legal Advice for Employees
We are experts in Employment Law and our team is ranked highly by both Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners . We provide legal advice for employees as well as employers, which we believe to be a positive thing, enabling us to better understand our opponent in any given employment dispute.
We pride ourselves on our ability to simplify the law and provide focused and strategic guidance. Our clients commend us for being able to handle their employment problems in a manner that is not only legally expert, but reassuring and empathetic.
We are able to draw from vast experience, having acted in thousands of cases in the employment tribunal or higher (Employment Appeal Tribunal and Court of Appeal). We are therefore very used to vigorously enforcing the rights of our employee clients in various types of employment litigation. We advise on prospects of success and the commercial value of a claim at an early stage, and make sure our clients are fully aware of their options.
We also recognise that, in many instances, our clients need a positive outcome which doesn’t involve formal legal proceedings. In those cases, we are equally skilled in resolving disputes and achieving agreed resolutions or departures via confidential financial settlements, which often involve agreed references for future employers and announcements (where applicable).
We act in all types of employee matters, from minimum wage disputes through to senior executive terminations with surrounding (and often complex) share and benefits implications. Our expert lawyers pride themselves on their ability to provide fast, clear and effective legal advice for employees on a wide range of employment law issues such as:
- Settlement Agreements
- Senior executive terminations
- Wrongful dismissal – further details including costs, what is included, how long it will take and who at Berry Smith will be helping you can be found by clicking HERE
- Constructive and unfair dismissal - further details including costs, what is included, how long it will take and who at Berry Smith will be helping you can be found by clicking HERE
- Discrimination (all protected characteristics - disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity)
- Working time
- Pay disputes
- Bullying and harassment
- Confidentiality and restrictive covenants
- Transfer of Undertaking Regulations (TUPE)
Employment and HR - Key Contact
Links to Guides and Further Information
- Employment contracts, policies and procedures
- Changes to an employee's terms & conditions
- Disciplinary procedures
- Grievances and workplace disputes
- Collective employee issues
- Managing sickness absence
- Employment Tribunals
- Transfer of Undertakings (TUPE)
Contact us at email@example.com or 029 2034 5511 for further information.