Legal jobs in Cardiff
Berry Smith LLP is a business whose key resource is its people. We therefore invest a great deal of time and resources into personal development; actively encouraging training and supporting people's ideas and ambition. Our lawyers play a vital role in shaping the firm's future and are rewarded with genuine opportunities for career progression.
Our success means we are continually growing, so we are always looking out for enthusiastic and motivated people to join our team. We regularly have vacancies in a wide variety of positions, as well as opportunities for graduate trainees.
We are always interested in hearing from anyone wishing to join the firm, either in response to one of our vacancies or more speculatively for the future.
Please contact us at email@example.com
For prospective employees, please see Candidate Privacy Notice
We are looking to recruit a full-time fee earner to join our expanding Conveyancing Team based in the Cardiff Office (with the potential opportunity for part remote working). A competitive salary and benefits package is available.
- Closing date: Friday 3rd September 2021
- Location: Cardiff Office
- Salary: Competitive, depending on experience
- Job type: Full time
The role will involve handling a mixed caseload of sales, purchases and re-mortgages of both freehold and leasehold properties on behalf of private clients. Working with a case management system you will be managing the file from the point of instruction to completion with the assistance of support staff.
The role would be suitable for a solicitor, licenced conveyancer, legal executive or paralegal with several years’ experience of running their own caseload with minimal supervision.
The successful candidate must have excellent client care skills, a good attention to detail and the ability to work well and excel in a fast- paced environment.
How to Apply
To apply for the role please send your CV together with a covering email to Jane Emery firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 3rd September 2021
- Job Type: Full Time
- Location: Cardiff office
- Salary: Competitive, depending on experience
- Working hours: Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5:30 pm
- Closing date: 24th September 2021
As Administrative Assistant you would be making sure that day-to-day office tasks run smoothly. It’s important that you are organised, accurate and pay close attention to detail. The successful candidate will have experience in administration and provide a friendly, supportive, and inclusive work environment.
Switchboard and Reception duties means you have the important role of being the first point of contact for all our existing clients and potential new clients. The successful candidate will need to have a welcoming personality, a smart appearance and a business-like manner
About the Firm
We are a firm of independent solicitors with its head office in Cardiff and satellite offices in Bridgend and London. We act for clients across Wales, the UK and beyond.
We pride ourselves on our reputation for providing legal expertise, commercial experience and professionalism. Our team comprises of a wide range of sector specialists who aim to provide practical counsel and effective representation to meet our clients' needs.
We act for a wide range of both commercial clients, from PLCs to SMEs and owner managed businesses, and individuals, providing high quality legal services.
Job role includes:
- Operating the switchboard and reception
- Greeting clients
- Handling incoming and outgoing post
- Scheduling meeting rooms using Outlook Calendar
- Booking transport
- Providing refreshments
- Assisting the Practice Administrator;
- Maintaining accurate records for employee holiday requests,
- Ordering stationery supplies,
- Assisting in planning and arranging events, including organising catering,
- Supporting staff induction and training,
- Updating contracted supplier records.
Skills, interests and qualities:
- Proficient working with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook Calendar
- Prior office administration experience preferred
- Organised and methodical approach
- Computer literacy is essential
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Ability to work as a team
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to work to deadlines and without supervision
If you are interested in the role, please forward your CV and a cover letter to Kirsty Fraser at email@example.com. Closing date for applications is 24th September 2021.
Please note that we are not accepting agency CV’s for this role. While we do work with recruitment agencies from time to time, where we require external support, we will formally release those vacancies to agencies on our supplier list deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to us without a specific request from Berry Smith LLP will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable.