Legal jobs in Cardiff
Berry Smith LLP is a business whose key resource is its people. We therefore invest a great deal of time and resources into personal development; actively encouraging training and supporting people's ideas and ambition. Our lawyers play a vital role in shaping the firm's future and are rewarded with genuine opportunities for career progression.
Our success means we are continually growing, so we are always looking out for enthusiastic and motivated people to join our team. We regularly have vacancies in a wide variety of positions, as well as opportunities for graduate trainees.
We are always interested in hearing from anyone wishing to join the firm, either in response to one of our vacancies or more speculatively for the future.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For prospective employees, please see Candidate Privacy Notice
JOB TITLE: Litigation Assistant
We are looking to recruit a Litigation Assistant to join our busy Dispute Resolution Department based in the Cardiff Office.
We would envisage the role being full time, but we would consider applicants wishing to work part-time to accommodate their legal studies.
The role is varied with the main responsibilities being: -
- Administrative tasks such as opening new files and carrying out necessary MLR checks for new clients
- Preparing bundles of documents for trial, interim applications and case management conferences
- Compiling document lists / indexes for disclosure
- Preparing Statements of Costs and Cost Budgets
- Legal research
- Drafting / setting up letters and claim documents for the solicitors (i.e. pre-action letters, claim forms, letters to court)
- Preparing Court documents for filing and service
- Corresponding with clients by email on a daily basis e.g. to seek their instructions and keep them updated as their claim progresses
- Corresponding regularly with the Court by telephone to track the progress of clients’ claims.
Suitable candidates must have at least a 2:1 at degree level, excellent communication and organisational skills, good attention to detail and the ability to work well both individually and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
Hours 9.00 a.m. - 5.30 p.m. Monday to Friday with 1 hour for lunch.
No Agencies please
To be considered for the role please email your CV to Simon Care (email@example.com)
Closing Date for Applications - Friday 14 February 2020
JOB TITLE: Commercial Property Paralegal Role (all levels of law graduates welcome to apply)
- Opportunity for a paralegal to join a reputable and growing commercial property legal department in Cardiff.
- Possibility to work part-time whilst continuing legal studies (e.g. part-time LPC).
- You will support and be supported by a Partner, qualified solicitors and support staff within the commercial property department.
- You will have great exposure to commercial property work including the sale and purchase of commercial property, commercial leases, development agreements etc.
- Opportunity to progress your career at the firm.
- All levels of experience are welcome to apply including candidates who have only worked in residential property environments and entry level candidates with a law degree but no previous experience of working in a law firm provided they have a strong work ethic, can demonstrate an ability to learn new tasks quickly and have a passion to pursue a career within a commercial property legal department.
- Preferable candidates will have experience in the following:
- opening files and carrying out anti-money laundering checks.
- obtaining Land Registry title documents from the Land Registry’s online portal.
- liaising with clients, agents and solicitors in person and over the telephone relating to commercial property matters.
- drafting and amending commercial property documents (e.g. contracts, transfer deeds, leases and other commercial property documents).
- ordering conveyancing searches.
- reviewing title documents and the results of conveyancing searches
- preparing completion statements.
- filing stamp duty land tax and land transaction tax returns.
- registering deeds at the Land Registry.
- All candidates must be capable of working independently within a busy commercial property team.
- Competitive salary with potential bonus scheme
- Private medical cover (after qualifying period of service)
- Access to employee discount scheme offering you discounts at high street and online retailers
- Friendly and supportive work environment
- Genuine career progression opportunities
- Free domestic conveyancing up to £500 (after 1 year service)
- Cash benefit for introducing new employees (subject to completion of their probationary period and other terms and conditions)
- Monthly staff socialising events
If you're interested in this role, please forward a CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org