Company Secretarial Services
Berry Smith provides business and company advice at all stages of life-cycle from formation to acquisition and disposal and a range of company secretarial services. We can advise and act for you whether that be in setting up your first business and its continued development or expanding a current business.
We are happy to advise you on the structure and formation of an entity you are looking to incorporate to ensure it reflects and works for your business needs. Our clients include large multinational organisations with a number of subsidiaries to newly formed single start-up companies.
We are able to offer the following services:
With our direct electronic link to Companies House, companies can be incorporated online on a same day service.
Newly formed companies can be:
- private limited companies
- companies limited by guarantee
- public limited companies
- limited liability partnerships
- property management companies
Company Secretarial Services
Our company secretarial team will work with you to understand your business needs, deadlines and priorities in providing a comprehensive service to ensure that your company complies with the UK company legislation which then enables you to concentrate on running your business.
We act for a number of clients in providing them with company secretarial services for an annual fixed fee in which our role includes:
- maintaining the company’s statutory registers, ensuring that they remain up to date whether that be in electronic or hard copy formats
- issuing share certificates when new shares are allotted or transferred
- completing, checking and filing the company’s confirmation statement to be submitted to Companies House
- completing and filing any new appointment or resignations of officers with Companies House
In addition to the fixed fee company secretarial service, we also offer bolt on services which you may require assistance with which include:
- preparing and updating the company’s PSC register (Persons of Significant Control) which is required to be filed and updated with Companies House;
- completing and advising on paperwork required to issue and allot new shares and transfer shares already issued;
- advising on any updated or amendments required to the company’s Articles of Association and if a Shareholder Agreement is necessary, put you in touch with a member of our corporate team [Link to our corporate team page her];
- preparing and advising on the formation and holding of a company’s annual general meeting, including the drafting of notices, agendas, board minutes, forms of proxy and shareholder resolutions.
There may be other company secretary services you will require which are not listed above, however, we would be more than happy to assist and advise in advance of an estimate of fees.
In conjunction or as a separate service to company secretarial services, we offer clients to record their registered office at either our Cardiff or London office address. The registered office service is essentially a post forwarding service which we offer for an annual fixed fee.
Director’s Service Address
In addition to Registered Office services, we are happy to assist directors with noting one of our offices as their service address with Companies House. Again, this is essentially a post forwarding service which enables a director to have an address on public record which is not his/her residential address.
Companies House will still require your residential address and for this to be maintained up to date, however, for the public record you are able to provide an alternative service address.
This service is a fixed fee service which is payable annually.
If you would like to find out more about these company secretarial services, please do not hesitate to contact our team at email@example.com or 029 2034 5511.
We also have a helpful guide to best practice and compliance which many of our clients find helpful in identifying the areas that require assistance. Please click on the icon below to read further on this