Partners and Senior Management
Fabio Grech LLB (Hons)
Fabio Grech is a partner and heads up the Employment and HR department. Fabio joined Berry Smith in 2007 and has since expanded the firm’s Employment practice from a predominantly contentious caseload to a full business advisory service covering all aspects of people management.
Fabio has considerable experience in all Employment Law matter both contentious and non-contentious. He has particular expertise on strategic issues affecting larger sections of the workforce. He has advised on all Employment Law aspects of corporate mergers and acquisitions, outsourcing, insolvency, union recognition and business reorganisations (including changes to terms and collective redundancies).
Fabio provides HR support to a range of businesses and advises on complex internal dispute resolution; senior executive terminations and sensitive discrimination matters. He represents many local businesses and senior employees in all forms of employment tribunal litigation, including constructive and unfair dismissal, whistle-blowing, discrimination and breach of contract claims. His clients range from public sector organisations to PLCs,
Fabio Grech is a member of the Employment Lawyers Association and a trustee of a local charity. He regularly speaks and provides training on a range of Employment Law topics. Fabio is personally cited in the Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners, which describes him as "great employment lawyer who has done a spectacular job developing the practice".
- Tribunal litigation
- Collective workforce issues
- HR Support
- Internal Dispute resolution
- Business reorganisations and redundancy
- Transfer of employees
- Advising various Welsh Government sponsored bodies on matters ranging from collective consultation to disability discrimination.
- Advising a wholly owned subsidiary of Welsh Government on a range of HR issues and Employment Law issues.
- Defending Employment Tribunal proceedings on behalf of a Government department.
- Representing a prominent haulage company in Central Arbitration Committee proceedings to resist an application for Statutory Recognition by a leading Trade Union.
- Advising a PLC on the collective employment issues surrounding the closure of UK production lines and their relocation to other European group entities.
- Acting for the UK division of a leading international multi-disciplinary infrastructure consultancy on all aspects of TUPE throughout their successful tender for a council highways and facilities management contract.
- Representing a leading multi-Academy sponsor in complex unfair dismissal and race discrimination tribunal proceedings.
- Representing a national civil engineering and construction business in a class action brought by former employees.