Partners and Senior Management
Chris Beames has been a partner at Berry Smith since 1998 having joined the firm in 1989.
He has many years of experience in dealing with Wills, estate planning and administration matters. He has assisted many families with complex estates involving capital tax advice and guidance often working alongside national accountancy firms and advisers. His specialisms also include dealing with powers of attorney and technical Will drafting.
Chris is also a practitioner in residential property matters which often forms part of his work in estate planning and administration cases. In addition to this, he is highly skilled in the field of Court of Protection Deputyship work acting as a Deputy for vulnerable individuals and their families in addition to advising and assisting clients in making various applications to the Court of Protection.
His experience and knowledge of the law of trusts and the Court of Protection relating to vulnerable adults has been called upon to in acting as a trustee for various charitable organisations.
Chris has contributed to various publications and the press on Wills and estate planning.
The Legal 500 guide to the legal profession notes Chris as “recommended for his work in complex and convoluted probate, tax and trust matters”
- Will drafting and advice on capital tax matters
- Advising clients on Inheritance Act claims
- Trust drafting for high net worth individuals in connection with general estate planning and specific pension arrangements
- Chris has often acted in the administration of estates of over £1 million
- Acting as a Deputy in Court of Protection matters