Employment & HR
Selena Baker is a Senior Associate in the Employment and HR Team. Selena specialises in Employment Law and HR advice.
Selena qualified in 2010 and advises on a variety of contentious and non-contentious employment issues to a range of clients including individuals, start-ups, SME’s, PLC’s, Public and third sectors and international companies.
Selena regularly advises and assists on:
- Drafting a variety of employment contracts including umbrella contracts, cross border contracts, casual and fixed term contracts and director service agreements.
- Preparing employee handbooks and bespoke policies and providing supplementary training and guidance for managers
- Preparing bespoke bonus and commission schemes
- Changes to terms of employment and dismissal and re-engagement
- Senior Executive/employees exit agreements/ terminations
- TUPE transfers
- Redundancy and reorganisations
- Employment Tribunal and Employment Appeal Tribunal litigation
- Settlement agreements and pre-termination negotiations
- HR support in complex internal dispute resolution, disciplinary issues, performance management and managing long term sickness
Selena has extensive experience in litigation acting for both employers and employees. Selena also provides corporate support drafting indemnities and warranties and advising on potential employment liabilities.