Employment & HR
Michael Shutt is Senior Associate in the Employment and HR Team.
On a daily basis, Michael advises and assists on a variety of contentious and non-contentious employment issues to a range of clients, from PLCs, family-owned businesses and individuals, to third sector and international companies.
Michael has extensive Employment Law experience and advises on:
- Drafting employment contracts, employee handbooks and policies and providing supplementary training and guidance for managers
- Changes to terms of employment
- Executive appointment and terminations
- TUPE transfers
- Redundancy and reorganisations
- Employment Tribunal and Employment Appeal Tribunal litigation
- Settlement agreements and pre-termination negotiations
- Handling disciplinary and grievance issues
- Performance management and absence management
- Cross border contracts
- The Agency Workers Regulations 2010
Michael regularly assists clients in Employment Tribunal proceedings, ranging from simple unfair dismissal claims to complex multi-day discrimination and whistleblowing disputes. Michael has achieved significant success in representing clients over disputes as to employment status. Michael has acted in appeal proceedings in both the Employment Appeal Tribunal and the Court of Appeal.