Employment & HR
Caitlin Rees is a Solicitor in the Employment & HR team at Berry Smith, having also trained with Berry Smith before qualifying.
On a daily basis, Caitlin advises and assists a range of clients (both employers and employees) on a variety of contentious and non-contentious employment issues.
In particular, Caitlin advises and assists with:
- Drafting and advising on settlement agreements
- Drafting and reviewing employment contracts, employee staff handbooks and HR policies and procedures
- Providing training and guidance for managers
- Changes to terms of employment
- Pre-termination negotiations
- Redundancies and reorganisations
- Handling disciplinary and grievance issues
- Performance management and sickness absence management
- TUPE transfers
- General employment and HR queries
- Bringing and defending Employment Tribunal and Employment Appeal Tribunal claims including (discrimination, unfair dismissal including automatic unfair dismissal and constructive unfair dismissal, wrongful dismissal and whistleblowing matters)
- Employment data protection issues and subject access requests