Commercial and Intellectual Property
Philip Griffiths is a Senior Consultant in the Commercial department of TBS and has considerable experience in all aspects of Commercial Law, in particular, he has advised on all Commercial Law aspects of capital projects, including PFI as well as the European procurement regime.
Phil provides commercial advice to a range of businesses and advises on information governance, intellectual property, commercial terms, as well as those regulatory aspects of businesses in general and specifically of biotech businesses.
Phil regularly speaks and provides training on a range of Commercial Law topics. He is also an ISO 17024 accredited EU GDPR Practitioner and has appeared on BBC Wales consumer affairs programme, X Ray, to provide advice on franchising.
Philip Griffiths has extensive experience, in particular:
- Capital Projects
- Competition Law
- European Procurement
- Information Governance
- Intellectual Property
- Distribution and Agency
- Research Collaboration
- Advised on European procurement regulations. Public sector clients include NHS Trusts, Local Government, Inter-Authority Partnerships, Government Agencies and Higher Education establishments.
- Lead lawyer for West of England Partnership on £55m contract for new multi-authority waste treatment facility in the West Country. Responsibilities included preparation of OJEU notice, drafting tender documents, including evaluation criteria, and membership of tender panel and drafting Inter Authority Agreement and all contract documents.
- Lead lawyer on £21m contract for sports and leisure facility at Hengrove Park.
- Lead lawyer on £20m for new theatre foyer at Colston Hall Bristol.
- Project lawyer on new £25m Museum of Bristol.
- Project lawyer on Building Schools for the Future for Bristol City Council
- Project lawyer on Phase 1 Bristol Schools PFI
- Project lawyer on over 40 PFI projects between.
- Maximising University’s share of the £44M grant fund under the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC), including Proof of Concept, Experimental Development and commercial exploitation towards licensing or spin out opportunities relating to Intellectual Property assets.
- General Commercial including: National Governing Body agreements with all major UK sports bodies (including the FA, LTA and British Olympic Association). Corporate Governance Protocols, Research Governance, Data Protection, Freedom of Information, Competition staging agreements, Material Transfer Agreements, Human Tissue Act compliance, Non-Disclosure Agreements, Broadcasting agreements, Institutional Programme Agreements, Convention de Stage Placement Agreements.
- Member of the Law Society
- Member of the Association of University Legal Practitioners
- Member of Protimos, a non-governmental organisation of international lawyers.
- Qualified Dental Surgeon
- Lecturer in Jurisprudence to the University of Wales Dental School
- Contributor to Butterworth’s PFI Manual: Law Practice and Procedure and Public/Private Partnerships First Edition
- Published Research Governance Framework for the University of Bath